17 December 2012

I Don't Get It, Vol. 1


Elf on the damn Shelf.  It's not cute.  It's creepy.  And I don't understand the appeal.

I've read peoples blogs, seen the descriptions and the 'point' of it...but I don't get it, and don't like it.

According to elfontheshelf.com:
"The Elf on the Shelf ®: A Christmas Tradition is a very special tool that helps Santa knows who should go on the list of those who misbehave and who on the list of those who behave well."
From what I've witnessed, parents are using Elf to prank children, scare children, and threaten children.  For example, "If you don't do your homework, Elf will tell Santa and you'll be on the naughty list."

Now, I don't really care what you people do with your own kids, but I was a kid once, and I would NOT have appreciated it.  If you need to punish your children, grow some balls and do it...don't blame a 9" plush little boy with a painted face.  Plus...dolls with those fucking creepy eyes are fucking creepy.

Let's check out some of the things Elfy does.
Not cool Elf...not cool at all.
Nope. Not what parents should be doing with a childrens toy.
When I was a kid, lessons were not taught like this.
That's just not sanitary. (Well, neither is the second picture).
Great idea, let's trash our own house and pretend an inanimate object did it.
A few things here.
I thought this is something parents did not want their children exposed too.
And...if an Elf drank all my wine...I'd be pretty pissed.
Call me a party-pooper or an Elf hater or whatever you want.  I don't like it and I don't get it.

To make things worse...What the FUCK is a Troll in the Hole?

What about you?  What do you think of Elf on the Shelf?  What's annoying you these days? Leave a comment!

If you enjoyed this post, and would like to follow 'Where in the World is Kacey?', please subscribe here so you don't miss anything! Also, be sure to check out Kacey's Kitchen for the latest recipe, Mushroom & Beef Tacos with Avocado Salsa.

1 comment :

  1. Where is the agree button, cause I do, friend, I do. Elf on the Shelf is creepy in both premise and aesthetic. And those photos. Just. No.

    What is annoying me most this holiday season? Rude people. I'm pretty sure about 85% of the population very recently thought "Oh crap, it's almost Christmas! I must drive like a fool and act like the largest ass in the world!" It happens every year. I don't know why it still gets to me. I guess I just wish people took this time to show extra kindness to others (try to act like, I dunno, maybe Jesus, since whether you believe in Him or not, He's kinda the reason this holiday exists). Clearly I am very stupid.

    ReplyDelete